Here are our top 10 SEO tips for alcoholism or drug addiction treatment centers that will improve your website or blogs visibility:
1. Backlinks – Still the ultimate authority for driving traffic to your site. Don’t buy links. Google and the others authorities frown upon buying links and it can lower your page rank. 1. Submit your site to Dmoz. 2. Create a top weekly blogger award for top quality, awesome, bloggers involved with alcoholism or drug addiction treatment and they will link back to you. 3. Create a Wikipedia Page for your drug addiction treatment center. 4. Submit your site to substance abuse treatment directories. 5. Comment on alcoholism and drug addiction blogs.
2. Inspirational 12-Step quotes – Create a page for your website or blog that contains 50 or more 12-step inspirational quotes. There are tons of pages for 12 –step quotes, 12-step sayings, etc. Why? Because people active in recovery search for them. Don’t miss out on an opportunity for people in substance abuse recovery to find your website or blog.
3. Press Release – Create a Press Release for your substance abuse facility. Maybe you recently started a new program or hired someone with special talents. A Press Release can drive traffic to your site! There are tons of free Press Release sites you can submit your release too. This is also a fantastic way to get the media to notice your organization. Your press releases should also be posted on your company's website. It can provide valuable information to clients regarding your services. In addition, a press release keyword-rich copy can help enhance your ranking with search engines.
4. Driver’s license reinstatement webpage or blog post – Your substance abuse treatment center has most likely helped many people find the road to drug addiction recovery. Now that your clients and alumni have made progress on their journey some need to prepare to meet with the secretary of state department regarding reinstatement of their driving privileges. When that time comes your drug addiction treatment center should be prepared to offer advice on the correct procedures and have a professional attorney that you can refer who specializes in working with driver’s license reinstatement.
5. Keyword Density – We recommend 3 -4%. Use synonyms of target keywords to balance. Some people make the mistake of using too many keywords. Write quality and unique content with the right amount of keywords to help rank. Remember to use keywords in your heading tags (H1, H2, H3) to help optimize your page.
6. Video testimonials - Videos drive an instant message to your visitors because they are visual and enhance the website experience. Videos are clearly becoming a definite strategy for sharing experience strength and hope from clients and alumni.
7. Create a blog - Seems that everyone from drug addiction rehabs, outpatient clinics to substance abuse counselors are extending their online presence with blogs linking their facility websites, clients, and alumni. A blog can allow interaction and provide a more personal experience for everyone involved. It’s a perfect place to post about events, sober testimonials from clients and alumni, and how to get help for drug addiction. Your blog should have constantly changing content which will push the site up in search engine results.
8. FaceBook Fan Page – Lots of drug addiction treatment centers have a fear of Facebook. I can appreciate your concern but it’s unfounded. Give your page a personality. Posting the latest information on substance abuse treatment is important but so is having a sense of humor and fun. I suggest running Facebook Ads and focusing on searching for real people in addiction recovery as fans. I also suggest emailing alumni and making your Facebook Fan Page a part of substance abuse treatment aftercare.
9. Text Messaging – An inspirational 12-step text message is a wonderful way to start the day and stay connected with alumni, family, and friends. Your facility can send words of inspiration and insight directly to their cell phone by text message from your drug addiction treatment center. At the end of each 12-Step inspirational quote make sure to leave enough room for a link to your website. Opt-ins that receive the text will then be able to visit your website or blog directly from their smart phone!
10. Twitter – Don’t underestimate Twitter! Substance abuse treatment centers have a strong presence on Twitter and your facility should be a part of it. Twitter is more complicated than Facebook in my opinion but well worth the effort. It takes longer to develop quality followers but stay focused on your mission and before you know it you’ll be a Twitter Pro.
Sober Advertising builds your social authority by way of social network conversation participation, forums, blogs, microblogging, wikis, social networks, video, bookmarking, photographs, podcasts, and text messaging. Sober Advertising markets media for social interaction, using highly accessible online technology and social media marketing tools.